At Maryville Acupuncture, we’re proactively taking steps to reduce the risk of the COVID-19 coronavirus to our community of patients and staff, especially now with a confirmed case of coronavirus in Tennessee. We’d like to share with you a few preventative measures to ensure the health and well-being of our patients and staff, as well as some links to helpful public health information. Our aim is to make our clinic a healthy place for all.
Many of our patients present with common non-contagious/non-serious upper respiratory symptoms such as allergies, asthma or a lingering cough following a cold, which we will continue to treat these conditions as they do not pose a risk to others.
If you are sick, the best option is to stay home. The main symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, coughing and shortness of breath. Call your primary care physician if you’re in need of medical attention for these concerns. If you need to cancel your appointment due to illness, you will not be charged. We understand and will happily help you reschedule.
Some things to remember:
- Please use hand sanitizer when you check in at the front desk, or wash your hands in the bathroom. We also have hand sanitizer in the treatment rooms. Feel free to help yourself. When washing your hands, please wash for at least 20 seconds.
- We change sheets, pillowcases and face cradle covers after each patient.
- We regularly sanitize surfaces that are frequently touched such as door knobs, doors and faucets. We clean our bathroom regularly.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow rather than onto your hands. If you sneeze or cough on your hands or into tissues or a handkerchief, please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer afterwards.
- If you are coughing for any reason, please wear a mask. We understand it may be from allergies, asthma, or even heartburn, but it will help alleviate concerns from others sharing the space.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose, eyes and face with unwashed/non-sanitized hands.
Here are some more guidelines and links to inform you about how to take care of yourself and recommended practices regarding COVID-19:
We appreciate your understanding. With your participation we can continue to serve the patients who need us and keep our clinic a healthy and safe place for all. Thank you.