Maryville Acupuncture COVID-19 Policy:
Clinics will remain closed during any stay at home mandated by local or federal government with exceptions made on a case by case basis. We will follow any and all local and/or federal guidelines with respect to elective medical procedures.
- Each employee must wash hands when arriving for their shift and before and after any amount of patient contact.
- Each employee must wear a mask during their shift.
- Self assess health before arriving at the clinic and do not report to work if you:
- Have a fever over 100.4 degrees.
- Have any COVID symptoms.
- Have been exposed to COVID-19 and are symptomatic. If you are asymptomatic:
- Vaccinated employee: You may return to work after a negative test
- Unvaccinated employee: required to quarantine per CDC guidelines.
- Follow any updated CDC, local, or federal guidelines not covered by this document.
- Minimize time patients spend in the waiting area.
- All Employees and sublet tenants must be vaccinated by 1/1/2022. Exceptions only allowed on a case by case basis following CDC guidelines. Exemption requests must be submitted in writing with necessary documentation. Regular COVID 19 testing may be required.
Cleaning protocols: during the COVID-19 outbreak, strict cleaning protocols are to be followed:
- All surfaces used are disinfected with a COVID approved cleaner after each patient. This includes but is not limited to:
- Treatment room door knobs
- Table and face cradle
- Call buttons
- Sheets are washed with Tide detergent on a hot cycle and changed in full between each patient
- These and any other shared items must be disinfected with alcohol after every use and at the beginning and end or shift or before and after another staff member uses them:
- Ipad (also to be cleaned after each use by a patient)
- Wipe down these and other commonly touched surfaces with a COVID approved cleaner at least daily:
- Reception desk
- Front door knobs/closet door knobs
- Kitchen and other staff areas
Patients will not be seen if they:
- Have been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- If they are vaccinated and asymptomatic, they can be seen with a negative COVID test
- Have a fever over 100.4 degrees, or other COVID-19 symptoms
- Refuse to abide by clinic policies
- Patients are asked to arrive on time for their appointment to minimize time in the waiting room.
- Patients are asked to come alone to their visit unless they are accompanying a minor or on case by case expectations for other circumstances.
- Patients and guardians are required to wear a cloth mask during their visit.
- Patients and guardians are asked to wash hands with soap and water immediately upon arriving for their appointment.