Thank you for your continued patience and understanding during this time. We are excited to announce that are reopening next week on Tuesday May 5!! Now with this excitement we are also putting in place some policies to keep our clinic a safe place for all. Please read the following updates precautionary measures and policies we are implementing to maintain best practices during this time.
At this time, we are suspending cosmetic acupuncture treatments until further notice per Knox County guidelines. No procedures are allowed if the client has to remove a face mask.
1. Please arrive on time for your appointment or wait indoor vehicle instead of coming into the waiting room.
2. Patients are asked to come alone to their visit unless they are accompanying a minor.
3. Patients and guardians are asked to bring and wear a cloth mask during their appointment. Staff will also be wearing masks.
4. Patients and guardians are asked to wash hands with soap and water immediately upon arriving for their appointment.
Upon the arrival your temperature will be taken and you will be asked the following questions:
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Are you experiencing cough, shortness of breath, or a sore throat?
- Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
- Have you had a new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
Patients will not be seen if they:
- Answered yes to any of the above questions.
- Have a fever over 100.4 degrees.
These precautionary measures are from TN’s guidelines for reopening and will changed as needed to keep everyone as safe as possible as we navigate this next phase. Please be patient with us as we will also be keeping a lighter schedule to ensure enough time to properly clean and create a safe space for our staff and patients.
Keep an eye on our social media pages and connect with us! We will continue to be available via email, social media, phone if you would like to schedule or reach out with questions during this time.
With our hearts,
Kate, Sarah, and Alex
At Maryville Acupuncture, we’re proactively taking steps to reduce the risk of the COVID-19 coronavirus to our community of patients and staff, especially now with a confirmed case of coronavirus in Tennessee. We’d like to share with you a few preventative measures to ensure the health and well-being of our patients and staff, as well as some links to helpful public health information. Our aim is to make our clinic a healthy place for all.
Many of our patients present with common non-contagious/non-serious upper respiratory symptoms such as allergies, asthma or a lingering cough following a cold, which we will continue to treat these conditions as they do not pose a risk to others.
If you are sick, the best option is to stay home. The main symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, coughing and shortness of breath. Call your primary care physician if you’re in need of medical attention for these concerns. If you need to cancel your appointment due to illness, you will not be charged. We understand and will happily help you reschedule.
Some things to remember:
- Please use hand sanitizer when you check in at the front desk, or wash your hands in the bathroom. We also have hand sanitizer in the treatment rooms. Feel free to help yourself. When washing your hands, please wash for at least 20 seconds.
- We change sheets, pillowcases and face cradle covers after each patient.
- We regularly sanitize surfaces that are frequently touched such as door knobs, doors and faucets. We clean our bathroom regularly.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow rather than onto your hands. If you sneeze or cough on your hands or into tissues or a handkerchief, please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer afterwards.
- If you are coughing for any reason, please wear a mask. We understand it may be from allergies, asthma, or even heartburn, but it will help alleviate concerns from others sharing the space.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose, eyes and face with unwashed/non-sanitized hands.
Here are some more guidelines and links to inform you about how to take care of yourself and recommended practices regarding COVID-19:
CDC Facts About COVID-19
FAQ by an Intensive Care and Infectious Disease Physician
American Society of Acupuncturists Covid-19 Fact Sheet
Business and Employer Guidelines
We appreciate your understanding. With your participation we can continue to serve the patients who need us and keep our clinic a healthy and safe place for all. Thank you.